It’s estimated that 60% of adults experience neck pain during their lifetime. There are many different ways to treat neck pain, and it’s important to find a method that fits your individual needs and tackles the severity of your pain. This article talks about the causes of neck pain and remedies. Let us show you the most common reasons for neck pain first.
- Problem with Spine alignment – It can cause muscle tension and more. We recommend seeing a good Chiropractor first so he can tell you if this is your problem, and then help you get rid of it.
- Incorrect posture -Whenever you are looking at yourself in the mirror, make sure you stand up straight. Posture is a good indication of what your spine looks like and inside: If you have poor posture, then this is how your spine will look- it will be misaligned! Your spine should be straight from the front, your shoulders and hips should be even, and your neck should be neutral.
- Poor sleeping habits – Sleeping on your stomach is the worst. It is even worse if you have to turn your head 90 degrees in order to breathe. The right pillow will make a big difference in the quality of your sleep, for good or for ill.
- Not having a good pillow – A body pillow is perfect for those who sleep on their back or side. It helps to keep your neck in a comfortable and healthy position.
- Muscle strain and tension – Straining the muscles and tissue can cause inflammation, putting pressure on the nerves and causing pain. Try to do neck stretches from time to time to loosen the muscles, and avoid any movements or positions that cause pain.
- Anxiety – Stress does not cause anything, but it makes everything worse. Try your best to be calm or take a break from work if you are starting to get stressed. Take a few deep breaths and smile, you will be surprised how much this helps.
- Computer set-up –
A lot of people have trouble going through a workday with poor posture and having their back, neck, and shoulders sore. Sitting in one position for too long causes misalignment and can be extremely uncomfortable. Fidgeting periodically will help to relieve the pressure from the spine.
- Exercise not proper – Sometimes lifting too much weight when working out or not using proper mechanics can cause major episodes of neck pain. The most common mistake we see is people pulling on their neck while doing abdominal crunches.
- Keeping the neck in an awkward position -Too much time in one position can cause neck pain. It’s possible to do activities that are more comfortable for your neck and prevent overuse-related injuries. You should reduce the amount of time you spend doing activities that aggravate your condition, like reading with your head down, sleeping on an awkward surface or too many hours in one position at the computer.
- Avoid injury – You should do stretches before physical activities to avoid injury. The old routine of stretching before you start exercise has been getting lost. It takes a second and it could prevent injury too, so it is worth doing.
Maybe this is happening because of age or you are one of many people who sit in front of their computer all day long. Maybe you even play some rounds of golf. After a while, the desk starts to take its toll on your body. There are many different neck braces to take care of people suffering from neck injuries. Soft collars, Philadelphia collars, and halo collars are all worn by people in rehab.
Ultrasound can also be helpful in treating neck pain. Typical medications might include an over the counter drugs like aspirin or acetaminophen, muscle relaxers such as cyclobenzaprine, and creams with stimulating factors called “counterirritants.” Treatments such as epidural steroid injections may also be necessary in order to reduce inflammation of nerve roots. Surgery is a last resort option for painful symptoms when there are critical cases.
A Cervical Contour Memory Foam Pillow can also be quite helpful for you in correcting your wrong sleeping patterns.
- Sleepsia cervical contour pillow is made of high-quality gel-infused memory foam. It has an ergonomic design to provide extreme comfort and soothes your body from the heat created by the softness. Its cooling material combined with its health benefits will give you a great sleep.
- This memory foam pillow is great for those who have neck pains. It has dimensions of 21 × 13.75 × 3.7 inches with a weight of 1 kilogram.
- Sleepsia cervical pillow relieves neck pain and soreness. It provides a comfortable place for your head with its gel-infused memory foam and is perfect for people with allergies or who have sensitivities to chemicals such as formaldehyde as it is hypoallergenic.
- Our memory foam contour-designed pillows will keep you sleeping soundlessly. They are also highly breathable, which helps to keep you cool.
- This pillow is known for being the best for other health issues. It is not only the best pillow for neck pain and shoulder pain but also the best orthopedic pillow that supports users who are having trouble sleeping due to different bodily problems.
- These memory foam pillows are among the most desirable of all. They provide more air circulation and better ventilation than other pillows.
- A memory foam pillow is a good choice for people who want to sleep more comfortably. This pillow is higher quality, durable and efficient than other pillows. It comes with a washable cover that protects it from dirt and grime.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment costs from various centers, and timely medical updates
No comment yet, add your voice below!