A baby’s skin is the most delicate. It is prone to tear, cuts and peels easily. Treating and caring for a baby’s skin is essential. The skin is as vital as the rest of the body and its organs. A healthy-looking skin constitutes a healthy-looking baby. So, when looking out for the best products to nurture and care for your baby’s soft skin, Figaro olive oil tops the list. In this article, we shall discuss and learn about Figaro olive oil uses for baby overall well-being.
Olive Oil Constituents, Price, and Nutritive Value
- Figaro olive oil is a Spanish brand of olive oil. You can avail of this product online or in baby stores like BabyHug and FirstCry.
- It costs ₹999 for 1 liter of Figaro olive oil.
- It is an all-purpose olive oil.
- It is richer in vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
- It contains 0% cholesterol and trans fat.
Benefits of Figaro olive oil –
You may expect these and more benefits from using Figaro olive oil.
Our olive oil is 100% pure, natural, and has no side effects. This is a baby food that also comes with some health benefits. Since then, I have been testing their benefits with my newborn daughter. It helped improve my newborn’s complexion, hair, and nails.
- This natural olive oil is produced from Mediterranean olives. Figaro olive oil is a mild and soothing olive oil.
- It has a lightweight consistency. It is non-sticky and non-greasy.
- It does not cause any irritation to the skin. It is good for reducing skin inflammation.
- Figaro olive oil is good for baby massage as it is enriched with Vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Figaro olive oil can be used as multipurpose oil. It can also be used as a nourishing hair oil to treat dandruff and hair loss.
- Figaro olive oil is a kitchen staple. It can be used cosmetically as well as for cooking purposes. Low cholesterol and trans fat make it a healthy cooking oil.
- Figaro olive oil is free from harmful chemicals and toxins. It is a healthy oil for the heart and body.
- It is suitable for all skin types and is mineral and paraben free.
7 Figaro olive oil uses for baby –
The goodness of Figaro olive oil for baby skin is innumerable. Some of the common Figaro olive oil uses for baby are the followings:
Baby massage oil –
Figaro olive oil as a massage oil is excellent for baby skin. You can use olive oil for regular massage of your baby.
- Its rich consistency is perfectly suitable for protecting and nourishing delicate skin.
- It provides deep hydration to the baby’s skin.
- Its soothing properties calm and relax the baby and reduce crying instances.
- It also helps in increasing and maintaining proper blood circulation in the body. Its antimicrobial properties also protect and heal the skin from tears and peels.
Prevent skin damage –
Figaro olive oil also protects baby skin from damage caused by weather, climate, and pollution. It can also restore and protect skin from harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Its rich antioxidants help fight free radicals from the sun, and Vitamin E nourishes and heals the skin.
- However, do not use this oil if your baby is allergic to certain products. Also, do not use this product if your baby has sensitive skin or eczema. Oleic acid in olive oil worsens eczema and might cause skin inflammation and other severe skin infections.
Treat Cradle Cap in infants –
Figaro olive oil is fruitful in treating Cradle Cap in infants. It’s a common skin condition that occurs on the scalp of newborn babies. It resembles dandruff but usually has large, greasy, and dark-colored flaky scales. This is not a concerning disease or condition. It occurs in almost every baby shortly after birth. It generally disappears after treating the scalp with proper moisturizer and then exfoliation.
- Use Figaro olive oil as an overnight treatment on your baby’s scalp and wash off the next day with mild baby shampoo.
- Use a thin baby comb to gently brush and remove the flaky scales from your baby’s scalp.
Cure for Diaper Rash –
Those severe diaper rashes which irritate your baby can be healed and cured with Figaro olive oil. Diaper rashes are common for babies and infants. Prolonged diapers and not using a diaper cream every time you use a diaper can cause rashes on your baby’s skin. These are extremely irritable and are in the suffering end for your baby.
- Figaro olive oil helps treat diaper rash by creating a protective layer on the skin.
- It prevents the penetration of harmful microbes from your baby’s excretion, which can cause rashes and other infections.
- Please do not use it in a thick layer as it may cause sweating on the skin. Use Figaro olive oil as an emulsifier with water and apply it to your baby’s skin. Get buttery soft skin for your baby, free of rashes and inflammation.
Repair Gentle exfoliation –
Your baby’s soft and fragile skin requires mild exfoliating products. Even the most popular baby brands contain harmful ingredients like Sulfate, Paraben, SLS, PAraffin, etc. These ingredients are similar to detergent, which produces high bubbles and foaming. They are harsh on your baby’s skin and strip away the natural oils produced by the skin, making it dry and prone to cracking and peeling of the skin.
- Use Figaro olive oil as a mild cleanser.
- Pour two to three tablespoons of olive oil into a cup, and add one tablespoon of granulated brown or coconut sugar.
- Gentle exfoliate your baby’s skin and rinse with warm water to get soft glowing skin.
Work as a cleaning agent –
- Olive oil is recommended for wiping the baby’s nose and belly button. The extra virgin olive oil from Figaro acts as a lubricant and helps soften the built-up grime, making it easier to remove.
- It can also be used as a lubricant for stubborn specks of dirt. Be sure to use a gentle cleanser once every other day.
Improve Baby’s hair growth –
Your baby can enjoy a good scalp massage with Figaro olive oil once weekly. This soothing, nourishing oil also promotes hair growth and a healthy scalp.
- You can start applying this oil to your newborns after a month. It will treat, heal and repair the skin on your baby’s scalp and promote a healthy scalp. A healthy scalp delivers healthy hair.
- Vitamin E provides nourishment to the scalp, which helps remove dandruff, flaky scalp, and scalp inflammation. With Figaro olive oil, you can get a head start on your baby’s beautiful hair growth journey.
- You can use it before shampooing your baby’s scalp or as a leave-in conditioner after washing the hair. Always use mild and natural shampoos for your baby, free from toxic chemicals.
Aside from skin benefits, your baby can also consume Figaro olive oil as a nutritional supplement. Learn how to do it the right way.
Do not feed your newborn with olive oil.
Your baby can digest any form of solid food only after six months. When feeding your baby solid food such as rice and lentils, we recommend cooking the meal with Figaro olive oil. It is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, E, Vitamin K, and all Vitamin Bs. Olive oil promotes healthy bone and brain development in the growing stage of your baby. It also promotes healthy weight gain in your baby. For caution, do not use more than 1-tablespoon of olive oil. It is always safe to use less as higher quantities of olive oil can cause stomach irritation in your baby. So I hope this blog reaches all the detailed information about the Figaro olive oil uses for baby.
Is Figaro olive oil extra virgin oil?
Yes. Figaro olive oil is an extra virgin oil. Extra virgin oil is considered a “liquid gold” or true beauty essence for skincare. It provides soothing, nourishing, and moisturizing benefits to the skin. It promotes healthy-looking skin.
How is Figaro olive oil prepared?
Figaro olive oil is prepared by hotly pressing 100% natural olives. It does not contain any chemicals or preservatives. It is safe to consume and use on the skin.
Does Figaro olive oil help in skin infections?
Figaro olive oil contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties. These properties help to repair, heal and soothe mild skin irritations and bacterial skin infections. It is also effective in treating mild fungal or yeast infections.
Does Figaro olive oil help in whitening baby skin?
No. Figaro olive oil promotes healthy-looking skin. It does not have any whitening or skin-lightening benefits. However, regular use of Figaro olive oil and sweet almond oil as massage oils can improve your baby’s skin complexion.